Last week I mentioned that January is normally a slow month for video games. This week proves that point with no news or releases.
This makes this week a good week to look ahead at some of the games coming out this year. Here are some of the games I will be watching.
- Call of Duty (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – Military first-person shooter. While a new Call of Duty has not been announced yet, it is safe to assume there will be one. Activision releases a new one every year.
- Dark Souls 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) – Sequel to the ultra-hard Dark Souls.
- Destiny (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – First-person shooter from the creators of Halo.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – Role-playing game sequel to Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II.
- The Elder Scrolls Online (PC) – An MMORPG set in the world of the hugely popular Skyrim.
- Thief (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – First-person stealth follow up to Thief: Deadly Shadows.
- Titanfall (PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – Multiplayer first-person shooter from the original developers of Call of Duty.
- Watch Dogs (PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – Open world action-adventure game
For more games, check out Metacritic’s extensive list.